Qatari Diar Europe LLP is the controller of any personal information that is collected about you through the Site under applicable data protection laws including the EU General Data Protection Regulation (2016/679), the Data Protection Act 2018 and UK GDPR. If you have any questions about our use of personal information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
Personal information is any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual.
If you visit the Site
When you visit the Site, in common with most websites we will collect personal information from you via your browser, including:
- technical data such as your IP address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other information about the software or devices you use to access the Site;
- data from cookies, as further described below; and
- usage data relating to how you use and navigate around the Site.
You may register your interest in the Development through the Site or by contacting us by post or telephone. If you do register your interest with us, we will collect from you and hold personal information including:
- your name, address, email address, telephone numbers and other contact information for you or individuals you represent;
- any preferences that you provide to us confirming how you would like us to contact you with information about the Development;
- any preferences you provide us with regard to the type of property you are interested in; and
- any other information you provide to us when registering or discussing your interest in the Development.
We will use the personal information that we collect about you to keep you up to date with news about the Development, including by email, post and telephone. If at any time you decide that you do not wish to receive news about the Development, you can opt-out of receiving further communications by emailing email@example.com.
If you have an account on the Site
We may provide you with an account to enable you to access certain parts of the Site. In these circumstances, we will collect personal information from you including your name, address, email address, telephone numbers and other contact information for you or individuals you represent.
We will use this information to:
- allow you to log in to your account, once it has been created;
- administer access to your account and ensure its security;
- keep our systems secure; and
- contact you about your account where required.
HOW WE MAY SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose personal information we hold about you to:
- Chelsea Barracks (1-3) GP LLP, Chelsea Barracks (1-3) Limited Partnership and our group companies, who assist us in the management of the Site;
- our service providers, such as IT hosting companies and support services;
- agents and professional advisors such as lawyers, accountants, auditors, and financial advisors; and
- law enforcement agencies, courts and other tribunals where required by applicable law.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal information and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal information for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal information for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
OUR LEGAL BASIS FOR USING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will only use your personal data in circumstances where the applicable data protection law allows us to (a “legal basis”).
If you register your interest in the Development, our legal basis for processing your personal information is that it is necessary for our legitimate interests in running our business and promoting the Development.
When you visit the Site, our legal basis for processing your personal information is that it is necessary for our legitimate interesting in running and improving the Site and ensuring that it continues to operate securely for all users.
If you have an account on the Site, our legal basis for any additional processing of your personal information is that it is necessary for performance of our contract with you.
INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The personal information we collect from you may be transmitted to third parties located in countries outside of your country of residence, including the United Kingdom and Qatar.
If you would like more information about how your personal information is transferred, and the safeguards applied, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will only retain your personal information for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. Our retention periods are as follows:
- in respect of personal information collected when you register your interest in the Development, six years;
- in respect of personal information processed in connection with any account you hold on the Site, for as long as you continue to hold an account; and
- in respect of technical data collected from your use of the Site, only for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for.
We may retain your personal information for a longer period in the event of a complaint. You may request deletion of your personal information at any time as set out below.
You may have certain rights in relation to personal information that we hold about you, including the rights to request that it is erased, that its processing is restricted, or that any inaccurate personal information is rectified. Where we rely on the legal basis of legitimate interests for processing your personal information, or if we process your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you have the right to object to that processing. You may also have the right in some circumstances to obtain a copy of the personal information in machine readable format. Any such request should be submitted in writing to email@example.com. You also have the right to complain about the use of your personal information to the Information Commissioner’s Office (www.ico.org.uk)
Our site uses “cookies”.
Cookies are small text files, typically of letters and numbers, that are placed on your computer or other device by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work more efficiently as well as to provide information to the owners of the website about how users interact with their websites. Our Site uses the following cookies:
- Session cookies – these allow the website to link your actions during a browsing session. They allow the Site to recognise users so any page changes or item or data selection undertaken by a user is remembered as the user moves from page to page. Session cookies will expire soon after each browser session and will not be stored by us on a longer term basis. We use session cookies to enable you to log into your account and to improve the user experience of the Site. Session cookies are essential for us to provide some of the functionality on the Site, and (when they are set) are set on the basis that they are strictly necessary to provide the Site.
- Google Analytics – we use Google Analytics cookies in order to understand how users interact with the Site. We may use the information collected by these cookies to analyse and improve the Site and to make sure that it is designed in a way which tailors content towards the users’ needs.
Most web browsers allow you to have some control of the cookies stored on your computer or device through your browser settings. More information about cookies, including how to block and/or delete them, via a range of common browsers, can be found at www.allaboutcookies.org.
If you do not wish to accept our essential cookies and/or disable all cookies, then you will not be able to login to the Site.
Updated: April 2023